Who didn't play with this paper game when you were a kid? The cootie catcher, also known as fortune teller and chatter box, is the latest craze on or son's school. Definitely an old school fidget toy that is back in the game. A fun paper game that every kiddo can give their own creative twist, by writing down their own 8 phrases.
With this free printable cootie catcher template your kid can make one easily theirselves. Print, cut and fold and be creative with you own phrases.
You can be as creative as you want but here are some ideas for the phrases:
1. Fortune teller catcher: write 8 different things that could happen in the future and be world's best fortune teller.
2. Exercise cootie catcher: get it moving! Write 8 different types of exercises on the tabs like: 10 burpees, 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats and so on.
3. Kindness cootie catcher: writes different acts of kindness like: give mommy a hug, make a drawing for someone you love etc.
4. Fun cootie catcher: get a chance to win extra screen time, or help your parents in the household. Write acts like: win 15 minutes of extra screen time, earn an extra bedtime story, help cleaning the dishwasher, clean your room etc.
5. Dinner cootie catcher: write 8 favorite dishes of the whole family in it and decide what will be on the menu each day.
6. Create your own! They are tons of other ideas you can come up with. Therefor this game guarantees endless play.
Download and print our free printable cootie catcher.
Cut out the indicated lines so you end up with a perfect square. Place the paper with the white side facing up.
Fold the two corners together to make a triangle. Switch around and fold it again.
Open in back. Now your paper is divided into four sections.
Fold each corner into the center.
Flip over and fold each corner into the middle.
Fold it in half and then in half again, so it is easier to open it up.
Open each triangles and write 8 phrases inside.
You are ready to go. No have some fun!
Share your creations #maisondeuxDIY